Indianapolis Fire Department

Station 11 - "Protectors of Irish Hill"

Engine - EMS Duty Officer - Car 1823

HR

Indianapolis Fire Station 11 - 1715 East Washington Street - Near Eastside
This firehouse opened on April 27, 1971 on the city's near east side. It is currently home to Engine 11 and the Southside EDO.

Engine 11 - 2010 Ferrara Igniter Pumper (#H-4418) - 2000gpm/500gal/40gal Foam


Engine 11 - 2010 Ferrara Igniter Pumper (#H-4418) - 2000gpm/500gal/40gal Foam
This apparatus entered service in May of 2010, replacing the Pierce Lance below. It was one of two identical rigs ordered with side-mount ladder racks and a different suspension than previous IFD Ferrara Pumpers.

Engine 11 - 2010 Ferrara Igniter Pumper (#H-4418) - 2000gpm/500gal/40gal Foam
Engine 11's engineer sets up to pump one of the apparatus' first house fires in May 2010.

EMS Duty Officer 1823 - 2009 Ford F-250 4x4 Command Truck


EMS Duty Officer 1823 - 2009 Ford F-250 4x4 Command Truck
1823 assists on a house fire on the near northeast side in February 2010.

Former Car 1823 - EMS Duty Officer - 2003 Ford Excursion Command Vehicle
With the merger of Washington Township in October 2006, a single EMS Duty Officer was no longer sufficient. The existing Car 1222 was reassigned to Station 16 as the "Northside" EMS Duty Officer, while Car 1223 was created as the "Southside" EMS Duty Officer still responding from Station 11. Both EDO's were assigned new unit numbers in mid-2008.